AP Art History Intensive Six-Session Course
What better way to prepare for the Art History AP exam than to study in the New York City museums which contain many of the paintings and sculptures students need to know? ART SMART’s AP Art History Boot Camp is designed to prepare students for the exam in an interactive, engaging, and highly intensive manner.
The course takes place over three weekends in April leading up to the AP Art History exam, which is administered during the first week of May. We will examine works from major NYC museums, including The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the MoMA, in addition to studying the Historical Contexts, Big Ideas and Learning Objectives featured on the AP exam. Our Boot Camp is taught by a trained art historian at the top of her field, and has been designed by one of the contributing authors to The College Board’s recommended prep texts.
The course will include:
- A review of all major historical periods covered by the exam
- An outline of materials which succinctly clarify the history and concepts on the AP exam
- A set of digital flashcards with all 250 images on the exam to study
- Access to a variety of study materials
- A conversation-based, Socratic method of teaching, proven effective in giving students a more in-depth learning experience and ensuring longer-lasting retention of information
- An intimate peer-group environment for studying
- Dates: April 14-15, 21-22, and 28-29
- Time: Course will run from 10:30 am – 3:30 pm, with a “working lunch” from 12:30 pm – 1:15 pm
- Students must provide their own lunch
- There is a 15 student limit to ensure each student receives personalized attention
- Cost for 30 hours of tutoring: $800 per person
Saturday: Met | “Ancient Mediterranean”
Sunday: Met | “Africa”; “The Pacific”; and “Indigenous Americas”
Saturday: Rubin Museum | “South, East, and Southeast Asia” + the “West and Central Asia”
Sunday: Met | “Early Europe and Colonial Americas” + “Later Europe and Americas” (part 1)
Saturday: MoMA | “Later Europe and Americas” (part 2)
Sunday: Seminar Space | “Global Contemporary” + Review Section
Reserve Your Place
When we receive your information, we’ll reach out to secure payment. Or give us a call at 212-500-1330. Please note, reservations are not complete without a deposit.
We regret to inform you that this event has already started, please contact us for more information.